Wounds, bandages and medications
It’s pretty straightforward compared to advanced, you only have two types of wounds.
Yellow: Small – medium sized wound, a single bandage is usually enough.
Red: Large wound, 2 or more bandages are usually needed.
All of them have the same effect.
Serves no use in basic
|Saline||Serves no use in basic|
|Plasma||Serves no use in basic|
|Blood||Restores the blood of the patient|
Use the appropriate amount depending on the situation (low / heavy loss of blood) (250, 500 or 1 000 mL)
|Epinephrine||Wakes up the patient|
|Atropine||Serves no use in basic|
|Adenosine||Serves no use in basic|
Treating the patient
Step 1: Is the patient responsive?
Yes: Ask him if he has wounds / he is in pain.
No: Go to step 2.
Step 2: Is the patient wounded?
Yes: Treat the wounds and go to step 3.
No: Skip this step.
Step 3: Is the patient in pain?
Yes: Give him morphine.
No: Skip this step.
Step 4: Did the patient lose a lot of blood?
Yes: Give blood via IV.
No: Go to step 5.
No and patient responsive: You’re done.
If at this point the patient is still not back on its feet it’s time to use an epinephrine Autoinjector.
- If the revive system is in place your character will not die until the revive timer is at 0. Even if a tank shoots your ass off an epinephrine shot will bring you back up after your wounds are treated. (The timer is invisible and may vary from mission to mission, it also depends on the amount of lives remaining you have.)
- You can’t do an overdose in basic.
Revive (Basic Medical)
For the following procedure to work revive need to be enabled.
- A unit in the revive state will be unconscious and will stay unconscious until it is either woken up or the revive timer runs out.
- A unit in the revive state can’t die from any source of damage, only the timer reaching 0 can kill it.
- Each successful CPR will increase the time the unit can stay in the revive state.
- To wake up a patient treat all of his wounds, make sure he isn’t in pain and then use epinephrine.
- Each successful revive removes a life from the unit, once the lives run out the next time the unit will take fatal damage it will not enter the revive state and will die.